Located in the southwest corner of the East Lawn Memorial Park.
In 1916 New Helvetia Cemetery was converted to a park. Most of the monuments were removed and replaced with flat grave markers. In 1955-56 all remains were removed to prepare for the building of Sutter Middle School on the site. These grave markers made their way into residentís backyards and driveways to be used as pavers. There is an asserted effort being made to recover these markers and to place them at the cemetery where the person was re-interred. Many of these markers now outline the New Helvetia Section at East Lawn Memorial Park.